A few cents here, a few cents there….it doesn’t seem like much, but it adds up. When I can earn extra money by doing virtually nothing, I’m on board. Swagbucks is a website that pays you for things you are probably already doing like searching the web! One Swagbuck is equivalent to $0.01, but as most know pennies can add up. There are five ways I like to earn a few extra dollars a month using Swagbucks.
- I have the Swagbucks extension and search button on my computer so that I automatically use it to search the web. I had to get used to Yahoo instead of Google (my previous search engine), but it wasn’t a huge change. After so many searches, you earn a few Swagbucks (5-25).
- This is more time consuming, so I only do it at night while watching TV. I look for the surveys that require the least amount of time and pay out the most Swagbucks. Surveys typically ask you some information questions before the actual survey to see if you meet the needs of the survey.
- I do a fair amount of online shopping including Amazon and Groupon. I use the Swagbucks Shop and Earn to get a percentage back on my purchase. It’s money back for things I was already buying. I just needed to get in the habit of making sure I purchased on the Swagbucks Shop and Earn site.
- Daily Task – To Do List
- On the left side, I like to complete my daily task which included a daily poll–which can be very entertaining, a search, looking at the deal of the day, watching a few videos, earning points for a discover activity, attempting and completing a survey, and a daily crave. That automatically awards you with 2-8 Swagbucks upon completion.
- Daily Goal
- The daily goal gives a point total to shoot for that day. If you meet the total, you are rewarded extra Swagbucks. If you complete this consecutive days, you earn even more which is rewarded at the end of the month.
What I don’t typically do with Swagbucks, is spend money buying gift cards which could be great if you buy for people often; I just don’t. I also don’t do much with Discover. I find that it is mostly subscriptions, and I’m just not interested. Basically, if I have to spend my own money to earn money, then I’m not interested.
In a typical day, I earn around $0.60-$1.00 without much effort which equals roughly an extra $25 in my pocket at the end of the month. That ends up adding up to $300+ a year just for doing what I was already doing. Plus, there is no limit to how much you earn.
Usually, I use the money earned to cash out on a monthly $25 Amazon gift card which I use for our current household needs. Or if my Starbucks account gets low, I cash out for a Starbucks gift card and use it to reload my account. It can’t get much better than that!
Do you use Swagbucks or other sites for cash back rebates, gift cards, etc? Any tips or recommendations?
Note: I do not get paid for the content on this blog. I chose to write about Swagbucks because I really like the program. The link above and here is a referral code for those interested in checking it out. We both get a small referral earning if you chose to sign up. Thanks for reading.
One thought on “A Website that Allows you to Earn Cash By Searching, Surveying, and Shopping”