The problem with writing about the new in my life is that life is endlessly changing. Even when I don’t think things are changing, they are. And with that I am trying new things daily, but forever behind in writing about them. Ugh!
The best part of this post is that I am writing it in anticipation for my upcoming 2017 Summer FabFitFun box which should be here on Monday. I know; there are many of you that already got your box, but I haven’t, so it gives me more time to think back to the great products from the spring box. No spoilers here.
For those that don’t know about FabFitFun, it is a quarterly subscription box that is truly awesome! Each box comes with 6-9 items. It’s a little steeper than some subscription boxes at $50 a box, but you only get it 4 times a year and get over $250 worth of products So, if you are a Birchbox fan–which I am–, that subscription annually is $110 for 5 samples a month. This subscription box is $180 annually which breaks down to $15 a month. The bonus is that these are FULL size products. I usually get two to three beauty/facial items and three “other” items like candles, planners, accessories, etc. I’ve found that even if I only like two of the items, those two items typically equal out to double the cost I paid for the box. Plus, I LOVE trying out new products.
With that, I’d like to talk about the products from the 2017 Spring Box with a focus on which ones were my favorite must buy items.
2017 Spring FabFitFun Box Products
- Gypsy Boho Beach Roundie – $50
Perfect for picnics with my kids at the park. The darker color hides grass and food stains. It folds ups smaller than my current beach blanket which makes it a breeze to pack. ∗∗∗∗∗
- Karuna Hydrating Face Mask – $28
This face mask looks incredibly scary while on your face. Don’t let your kids see you they might have nightmares….lol. It does hydrate well and feels refreshing. Didn’t see much for results. ∗∗∗
- Luv Aj Rose Gold Earrings – $85
I found three different ways to wear these earrings. They are a fun, funky rose gold. I love the uniqueness of the crawlers. The sad part was that I lost one of the studs the first day I wore them. I wish they stayed on better. The crawler is super secure and almost too tight. ∗∗∗∗
- Deborah Lippmann Duo Polish in Blue Orchid and Like a Virgin – $19
This is a cute polish that dries super fast. I like the mellow mood of this blue. I have not used the white, but the tips suggested swirling the white with the blue for a marbled look. ∗∗∗∗∗
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator – $79 I had a friend that thought the product was too rough for her skin. I agree it is pretty aggressive, but I like that about it. I don’t apply too vigorously just gentle circles. It smooths out the skin on my face and helps to eliminate some of the blackhead as well as deep clean my pores. All in all, I like this exfoliator a lot. The downside for me is the price. I’m not yet willing to pay that much to clean my skin. ∗∗∗∗
- Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-in Conditioning Spray – $20This product is made from natural ingredients and smells blissful. It has hints of coconut which makes me feel beach bound. It is easy to use and a great leave-in conditioner. ∗∗∗∗∗
- RealHer Lip Trio (liner, gloss, and lipstick) – $48
I was excited to get three lip products to try, but ended not liking this product. It was WAY too light for me. I am able to use the lip gloss over some of my other lip products to add shine, but that’s about it. The brand itself has an awesome premise empowering young girls to be beautiful in their own skin. I just wish I liked the product more. ∗
- Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails Gummies – $10These taste great and seem to work well. I’m already on my second container. ∗∗∗∗∗
- Milly “Resting Beach Face” Zip Pouch – $45This product is cute and there were additional sayings and colors. It is meant to keep your items dry and sandfree at the beach think cell phone, money, etc. I like it; I wouldn’t have paid $45 for it. It is of good quality. I have items similar already that I’ve used in the past. This one is a pretty good size and will be used in addition to my others. Now that the weather is finally consistently warm, I see some pool/beach days in my future. ∗∗∗∗
Of the nine items in the box, my favorites were the roundie which we used yesterday on a picnic, nail polish (I’ve not use the white, but love the Orchid.), Briogeo Leave-in Conditioning Spray, and Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails Gummies. But which is my MUST buy? What will I be continuing to have on hand for years to come?
MY TOP CHOICE — Briogeo Leave-in Conditioner
From my favorite items, I would say the MUST buy is the Briogeo Leave-in Conditioner. It smells amazing! A light, pleasant coconut aroma leaves my hair silky and easy to manage. It’s only $20 which is very manageable. Available at Sephora or on Amazon ($2 more).
RUNNER UP — Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails Gummies
The second item I would buy–which I’ve already purchased after running out of–is the Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails Gummies. They taste fruity, but not too sweet or sugary. Since using them the last two months, I think they make a difference in not only strengthening my nails but also making them grow faster. These can be purchased anywhere from Target to Amazon for around $13 a bottle. At certain times there are coupons for this item too, so if interested, wait for a sale.
Overall, the Spring Box was worth the $45 I paid. I am still using the roundie, gummies, conditioner, microdermabrasion face scrub, and nail polish regularly. All products totaling far more than the money I paid which is why I think this is one of the best subscription boxes for the money. I’m so excited for Monday to see what products are in the summer box. I’m bound to find a new item I no longer want to live without.
Note: The link to FabFitFun is a referral link. If you decide you don’t want to live without this box in your life, I’d love for you to use the referral link. As all referrals go, I get a small one time bonus for referring you to this service. FabFitFun did not pay me for any of this feedback; it is 100% my own because I think it is a neat subscription service. I thought I’d blog about it. I truly love it, and I’ve told all my friends, so now I’ve also told you. #365daysofnew