Hopefully, January was a good month for you. It’s time to talk about January’s book The Guest Book by Sarah Blake (commision link). Did you love it? Hate it? Not get around to read it? Read it a long time ago? Tell us about your thoughts.
Not sure where to start. Try some of these discussion questions. Add your thoughts in the comments. Feel free to pick one or more than one question when leaving your thoughts.
- This novel spans the decades with a look at three generations of the Milton family. What did you think of the multi-family plot line? How did following each generation show the reader about a family’s role in history?
- Elsa is asked a big task in the novel to hide and protect a child in need. What were your thoughts about her refusal? How did Neddy’s death play into her decision?
- What are the similarities and differences among the different generations of Milton’s?
- What role does gender play in the different marriages throughout the story? What about the way each generation discusses race?
- What does each generation of Milton’s gain from Crockett’s Island? Does your own family have a special place like those of the Milton’s that brings everyone together? Tell us about it.
Thanks to those that joined us in January on this collective read. Your thoughts and ideas are much appreciated.
For February, 365 Days of New is taking on The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo (commissioned link). Hopefully, this read with help turn clutter into calm for your home. I’m looking forward to reading and talking about it at the end of the month.